Hello all, it's the eve of Thanksgiving 2009.
My life has been recently changed by two events:
1) I watched the movie Julie & Julia
2) I watched a show on A&E: Hoarders
In case you don't know Julie & Julia is a movie based on true events in the lives of Julie Powell and Julia Child's. You see, "Julia Child's story of her start in the cooking profession is intertwined with blogger Julie Powell's 2002 challenge to cook all the recipes in Child's first book",(www.imdb.com/title/tt1135503). At the time I thought what an awesome story and an awesome way to be inspired.
The very next day while babysitting, I was watching Hoarders on A&E. I was moved to tears at what I saw on the television. One lady had her children taken from her because of her obsessive compulsive, mental disorder to hoard EVERYTHING!!!!!
I AM A HOARDER as well and I come from a family of those who hoard on some level or another. While watching that show I realized that my condition is not that bad YET!! But I feel I have to do something before it gets out of control!! I came home and tried to empty 1 box, out of the many that are in my spare bedroom. They have been boxed that way since I moved in 2 years earlier and hardly noone has been over for social reasons or otherwise.
Overwhelmed with the task at hand, as many times before, I decided that I would make myself accountable to the task by keeping a blog of my efforts and frustrations just as Julie Powell did. She gave herself 1 year to complete the task as will I.
SO here goes.....
The challenge will be to host Thanksgiving dinner in MY apartment next year, 2010, without making excuses for mess.
In order to do that I must have it decluttered, with everything in it's place and nothing kept that's not needed.
Before I start I will post some pictures of what I'm dealing with. I hope to not only declutter my life but to also be an inspiration to others with the self treatment plan that I have made for myself, which I will tell you more of in later posts.
Please send successful thoughts my way and thanks for reading.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment