Proclamation: I have worked every day on some part of the house and I made a post before the weekend was over
Confession: I can do better, I'm sure I will once I watch another episode of Hoarders on A&E
Help: So I mentioned that my brother moved in and my stepfather was gonna put up some shelves with rods so we could have extra space to hang our clothes. He finished and I have begun to put the clothes into the closet. Whew even that seems hard. I have found some clothes that I forgot where in the other closet and I have been weighing whether or not I needed, could still use/fit, or wanted some of the clothes. Even throwing out dated clothes is a feat but I will be success.
A new plan: I thought to check out the cost of a storage unit to put most of the boxes into until I could go through them without them taking up space in the house. I think then I wouldn't be so overwhelmed with the task. I think this will help me as long as the storage unit is reasonably priced. It was suggested that this could be a deterrent for me and my goal since I may leave the items in the unit but I think otherwise because I don't believe in just "throwing away money" or let me rephrase it, creating new bills unnecessarily, and I know I won't want to leave my things to rot in someone else's storage and away from me. So.....
The new plan is to check out the price this week, get the storage asarp (as soon as reasonably possible), get the boxes into the unit and then bring one box from the unit every other day to put the items in it's proper place.
I would love your thoughts on the new plan.
I have 10 more months to go and I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!
Please keep sending positive thoughts my way.
BTW, I did rent Julie & Julia but I'll save that for another post after I have seen another episode of Hoarders.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Below is a comment from a friend sent by email. It was very encouraging and I thought I would share it.
ReplyDeleteWow .... I didn't know you had labeled yourself as a" Hoarder". I do watch that show.... Now that I think about it, I guess you just may be one. I don't think you are as extreme as some of them but I think it's awesome that you can recognize it and want to get it under control while you still can and it's still possible. Don't be afraid to sort through and throw things away.....or even give things to goodwill. Take it one day at a time....one box at a time and make it a goal every day "Not to create a new box" I know you can do it. I believe in you and your strength. Keep plugging along..... You will feel so much better with some control over the "things" in your life. Keep me posted. I will be anxiously awaiting to see pictures of the progress I know you will make. This is a new year.... and a new beginning.
There is no need to create more space when you can not deal with the space you got. Thats what make a big hoarder find more space and filling it. Please don't do that to yourself you will be doing nothing but creating more space to pack full of junk you will never get around to sorting. Love you always and the truth may hurt but enough is enough throw away the junk. Make rules to follow. If it don't fit its trash, If it is a letter or bill that is over 6 mos old put in the trash they will send you another. If you haven't used it in the last 6 mos. give it away. You don't have to put it in the trash give it to good will help others. Stop being selfish and keeping what you don't need.
ReplyDelete