Sunday, November 29, 2009

Self Treatment days 3 & 4: The Test

Proclamation: I did not hide
Confession: I did not go through one box in 2 days

WoW! These last 2 days have been something.
Day 3 happened to fall on Black Friday. Being that I had made a committment to myself and the fact that I had no disposable income to spend catching all the black Friday sales, I had no plans to join the after Thanksgivng crowds. Then, my stepmother asked if I wanted to go shopping with her. My reply, "No, I have no money to spend". I thought for a second not to share my disorder with the newest member of our family but I remembered that I promised not to hide so... when she said, "You won't have to worry about that", then I said, "Okay but it won't be a fun day since I have to seriously consider if I need an item before it can enter into my house" and then I explained further about my obsessive complusive disorder to hoard things I don't necessarily need. I then commissioned her to hold me accountable to the items I was considering. She agreed.

I think I did pretty well. At one store I found a great deal, $5.99, on a fun game to play but I put it back. Then I saw a butterfly to hang on the wall, I really wanted it and it would have been so easy to get since she didn't give us any boundaries as far as purchases but..... I resisted.

My 2 excuses, which to me seem valid are... IT WAS BLACK FRIDAY! who cleans out boxes on such a great day to be out on the town? And I wasn't driving my self so I was at the mercy of another and we didn't get home until 1 a.m. Add to that the fact that I became soooo sick, sicker than I've ever been in my life while we were at the movies and all the way home, which was an hour drive with a bag over my mouth. Needless to say, when I got home I was thinking only of sleep and not of cleaning out a box.

Day 4: Not so much of a valid excuse. I had a job to do in the morning/afternoon hours and then I took a nap for waaaay to long. But I guess tossing your cookies is a draining event soo... I slept. When I awoke, I did not clean out a box. Today, I was able to hold food down though.

Is tomorrow to late to actually commit to my committment to self treatment?
I think not when you consider I have 361 days left to get it right.
I will be victorious!!!!

Thank you for your continued thoughts of success toward my efforts.

3 comments:

  1. I am reading! Checking in every day! So, where are you? How is everything going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helloooooo...

    Still checking in. Are you there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks reallyginnyf for checking in... being new to blogging I haven't found a way yet to be committed to writing every day. I am open to suggestions. I am pleased to find you are interested in my progress. Thanks for the support. I will endeavor to do better for me and for you.

    ReplyDelete